Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Meet BaronessBijoutery

The time has come for another Etsy Shop Highlight. This time I chose BaronessBijoutery. She has some beautiful jewelry. I fell in love with her fantastic pictures and her items are in a wide price range making something well priced for every pocketbook.

Here is her interview. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Her site is http://BaronessBijoutery.etsy.com


1. How did you find out about Etsy?

Actually I learned about Etsy from my Daughter. She was going to open a shop and I went into with her. After a years time I thought it was time to have my own shop. So in August of 2008 I finally took the plunge and opened Baroness Bijoutery. I'm so glad she turned me on to Etsy.


2. What type of items do you carry in your shop?

I feature jewelry, necklaces, chokers, bracelets, rings. I have extremely romantic pieces, some strickly fun kicky pieces, wire work, I love all so that is what I make.



3. Where does your shop originate and how long have you been on Etsy?

I am from the Pacific Northwest, University Place, Washington. And I have been under my own Banner 6 months now.


4. How long did it take before you had your first sale?

I opened the Shop August 15, 2008 and had my first sale September 11, 2008.


5. What would you say is your favorite item in your shop and why?

This is really hard for me to answer but if I have to pick one piece it would have to be Duchess's Delight OOAK Necklace. It is a very romantic piece, extremely feminine. It has everything a woman wants, Sterling Silver, Swarovski Crystals and Silver White Keishi Pearls. To me this necklace says "Take me out to the Ball, the Opera, a Theater Opening. It will make who ever wears it feel as regal and as stunning as she really is.
.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=18006842





6. What ways do you use to get the word about your Etsy site out to others?

I post in the forums, I have a blog http://baroness-bijoutery.blogspot.com
I am on Flickr, I use word of mouth, business cards. I have also been featured in a few blogs. My daughter and I both cross promote our shops. I also use my blog to promote other Etsy Artists and their great work.


7. What advice would you give someone just starting their shop here on Etsy?

When starting any new venture you have to do some research about your market. Learn about photos, marketing yourself and shop. If you don't know something go into the forums and ask..everyone here is willing to help you out. Don't start second guessing yourself when you don't have your first sale in a day or week. Yes some Artist do but that isn't generally how it works. You have to be patient, don't under price your work remember the hours you put into a piece also should be reflected in your price. Have lots of your work in your shop, the more choices you give your customers the more likely they will find something they really like and must have. Above all else have fun with what you are doing...makes it so much nicer that way.



8. Looking around on Etsy is there one shop you find totally awesome or deserving of special attention and what makes you feel this way?

I would have to say contrariwise.etsy.com. She features all handmade Silver Jewelry, her designs are just beautiful. The amount of hours she must put in to forge such great pieces. She also has a great blog: http://www.akacontrariwise.blogspot.com/ She will feature other Artists from Etsy, supports all fellow Etsians.


9. Do you have anything special about, you would like to share?

I'm a Mother, Grandmother, Wife, Working Woman, run a business. I've never considered myself special but my husband, daughter and grand kids do and that is the important thing to me. I supported my kids with my Wedding Business when they were growing up. While they were still young I wanted to be home with them so I designed and made Wedding Gowns and Formal Wear. I have always loved creating something with my hands and sewing came very naturally to me. I loved doing the hand beading on these gowns, making their crowns, all that would truly make it a day they would always remember fondly. Once my children could be at home by themselves for a while I went back to work in the public sector but still kept my Shop open. I did my last wedding 10 years ago. Sometimes I miss it but I really like doing my jewelry now, and yes I still work outside the home as well.

Thank you so much for answering my questions BaronessBijoutery. I wish the best for you and your shop.

3 comments:

  1. Thank You so much..the article was just great. I like your blog and think you are doing a great job. You shop fascinates me..I love magical things. I would like to put your Etsy Mini in my Blog so if you would just convo me with it I will post it for all my followers to see. If you could make it two high by 4 wide that would be great, then just convo me the code and I will put it up....Thank you again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely feature! The Baroness is one of my favorite people. How nice of you to feature her beautiful work:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Baroness sounds as beautiful inside as her jewelry is outside. Wonderful interview.
    Dee

    ReplyDelete