Monday, February 9, 2009

Meet alwaysartistic From Etsy

I am going to once a week try to focus on one special ETSY shop and its owner. This week I wanted to focus on www.alwaysartistic.etsy.com

I hope you enjoy reading about her as much as I had compiling this. The pictures shown are hers which you can purchase from her Etsy store.

How did you find out about Etsy?

I came across Etsy on a search engine, and it looked like a cool place to be, turns out I was right.

What type of items do you carry in your shop?

I carry mostly photography items; prints, cards, photo gifts, and I do sell original ACEO's from time to time. ACEO Stands for Art Cards Editions and Originals, they are a lot of fun to collect and create - they are 3.5 x 2.5 inches - hockey card size! I also love to create digital art using my photography.

Where does your shop originate and how long have you been on Etsy?

I live in Alberta, Canada. And I have been on Etsy a little over a year, I opened up shop on December 29th 2007.

How long did it take before you had your first sale?

I did many trades and contests and so my first actual sale (an original ACEO) wasn't for 3-4 months. My sales have been slow, but that's ok, I am more here for the fun I have meeting other crafters!




What would you say is your favorite item in your shop and why?

I have a few favorite items that I am really happy the way they turned out - My "Fun at the Fair - 3 piece set", My print "Columbine" and my newest item "Gorgeous Giraffe version 2" because of the colors, I just love giraffes.

What ways do you use to get the word about your Etsy site out to others?

Right now I am promoting using an ad on the Photographers of Etsy Team Blog. Mostly I promote in the forums, chat rooms, on my blog located at http://alwaysartistic.blogspot.com/ I also have my personal website... http://members.shaw.ca/alwaysartistic/

What advice would you give someone just starting their shop here on Etsy?

Just to stick with it, some people get sales right away and others it takes a lot of time. Also street teams are a great way to get your work out there.




Looking around on Etsy is there one shop you find totally awesome or deserving of special attention and what makes you feel this way?

One shop, oh boy that's a hard one. I love Photography by Bill of http://www.HouseofSixCats.etsy.com. And there are many other artists that I love too.

Do you have anything special about you, you would like to share?

I share my life with my Parrot Jessie James, check out his website here http://members.shaw.ca/jessiethefid/



Please visit alwaysartistic shop on Etsy. Don't forget to check out Jessie James site. The video called the great box challenge. This a must see with the song "Chewie Chewie Chewie" playing in the background. I have not laughed so hard in a good while. Click on the picture below to go directly to the video /




4 comments:

  1. Hi Berkana,

    Thank you so much for the wonderful feature. It looks great!

    I am glad you enjoyed Jessie's "The Great Box Challenge" too! It is one of my favorites also!

    ~Pam
    www.alwaysartistic.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice etsy find. It is a great shop. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool that you featured Pam. She's one of Etsy's best and brightest! I recently interviewed her for an article in the Photographers of Etsy blog: http://photographersofetsy.blogspot.com. Check it out. Pam is truly a wonderful and talented person, and I feel quite lucky to know her!

    ReplyDelete